Paleo Snack Time: Pumpkin Seeds, 4 Ways
Each month, we share some of our favorite Paleo snack ideas on Paleo Snack Time. Get more Paleo, Low Carb and Gluten-Free snack inspiration and build your personalized menu on PlateJoy.
Instead of tossing your pepitas in the trash, here’s are 4 different takes on some Paleo pumpkin snacks this fall.
For all your preparations, follow these basic steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash your pumpkin seeds and pat them dry. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add your seasonings!
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until fragrant and golden.
Ready for some recipes? Try these seasonings:
- Chili-roasted pumpkin seeds: For a hint of spice, toss with chili powder and a drizzle of lime
- Cheesy pumpkin seeds: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast to play trick-or-treat on your tastebuds
- Curried pumpkin seeds: Toss with curry powder and a pinch of ground ginger
- Double-pumpkin seeds: Sometimes you just want the spice. Top with pumpkin pie spice before baking to double the pumpkin action