Recipe of the Week: Crustless Asparagus and Mozzarella Quiche
We’re in prime asparagus season, so make some brunch plans: It’s time to quiche! This low carb and keto-friendly option says goodbye to the carbs by getting rid of the pie shell – which makes it even easier to throw together on a Sunday morning.
Bonus: You can make it ahead of time and reheat in the oven, or prep your vegetables in advance and assemble day-of!
Crustless Asparagus and Mozzarella Quiche
Time: 50 minutes, Serves: 4
1/2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz asparagus
2 cups baby spinach
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan or cake tin. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Trim tough bottom ends off asparagus, then cut spears into 2-inch lengths. Place in the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes, until bright green. Transfer to a plate.
- Add spinach to the empty skillet (adding a little more oil if skillet is dry) and cook 2 minutes, just until slightly wilted. Transfer spinach to the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and garlic until even in color. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in half the shredded mozzarella. Pour over the spinach. Top with the sauteed asparagus. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded mozzarella and the parmesan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until eggs are set and the top is golden.